GUIDELINES FOR LIBRARY BEHAVIOR
- The Springfield Town Library establishes the following guidelines for library behavior to ensure the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all Library patrons and materials.
- Respect other people’s privacy
- Be considerate of other people using the library; no disruptive or boisterous behavior
- Check out all library materials before taking them out of the building; treat materials with care
- Don’t smoke or bring alcohol into the Library
- Remember service animals only, not pets, are allowed in the Library
- Wear shoes and shirts
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for the well-being and safety of their children
- Children aged 8 and up are allowed to use the Library alone
- No one except law enforcement officials may carry weapons of any kind in the Library
- Use the Library phone for emergencies or parental contact only
- When individuals disobey the guidelines for behavior, library staff will request they leave the premises. The staff may involve the Springfield Police Department and issue a No Trespassing Notice.
Adopted 5/6/1992; Rev. 10/8/1997, 5/10/2010, 2/11/2013, 8/8/17