Tax Assistance and Tax Forms...
AARP Tax Assistance:
- AARP volunteers help individuals with filing tax returns (federal and state). Appointments may scheduled Mondays 9:45am-1:30pm and Thursdays 9:45 & 10:45am, starting in February. Call the library at 1-(802)-885-3108, to schedule an appointment.
The Vermont Department of Taxes no longer sends Vermont tax forms or instruction to libraries.
The Springfield Town Library will distribute the following IRS forms and instructions. (Note: We have not yet received our forms.)
- 1040 forms and instructions
- Note: 1040A &1040EZ have been discontinued.
Other forms and instructions:
- Call: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- View and print: www.irs.gov
- 1040 Instruction booklet: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040gi--2018.pdf
- Order online: www.irs.gov/uac/forms-and-publications-by-u-s-mail
- File online: www.irs.gov/filing/e-file-options
- Federal tax questions: 1-800-TAX-1040 (1-800-829-1040)
- Call 1-855-297-5600. Have your mailing address and form name ready.
- Download, complete, print: tax.vermont.gov/research-and-reports/document-library/tax-forms/individuals
- File online at myvtax.vermont.gov
- Vermont tax questions: 1-802-828-2505
- We are happy to print forms and/or instructions for you at 15¢ per page.